Items we have are marked with an * asterisk.
Alexander, Estrelda. The Women of Azusa Street.
(NB: There are two editions: Pilgrim Press, 2005 / Seymour Press, 2012)
Bauckham, Richard. Gospel Women: Studies of the Named Women in the Gospels.
Bainton, Roland. Women of the Reformation: From Spain to Scandinavia.
––– –––. Women of the Reformation: In France and England.
––– –––. Women of the Reformation: in Germany and Italy.
* Brock, Sebastian and Susan Ashbrook Harvey. Holy Women of the Syrian Orient. (Transformation of the Classical Heritage)
Clark, Elizabeth A. Women in the Early Church. (Fathers Of The Church)
Cloke, Gillian. This Female Man of God: Women and Spiritual Power in the Patristic Age, 350-450 AD.
* Cohick, Lynn H. Women in the World of the Earliest Christians: Illuminating Ancient Ways of Life.
* Cohick, Lynn H. and Amy Brown Hughes. Christian Women in the Patristic World: Their Influence, Authority, and Legacy in the Second through Fifth Centuries.
* Collier-Thomas, Bettye. Daughters of Thunder: Black Women Preachers and Their Sermons, 1850-1979. Jossey-Bass, 1997.
Cox, Patricia Miller, ed. Women in Early Christianity: Translations from Greek Texts.
* Dube, Musa W. Other Ways of Reading: African Women and the Bible. WCC, 2001.
Eisen, Ute E. Women Officeholders in Early Christianity: Epigraphical and Literary Studies. Trans. Linda M. Maroney.
* Epp, Eldon Jay. Junia: The First Woman Apostle.
* Govinden, Betty, Isabel Apawo Phiri, and Sarojini Nadar, eds. Her Stories: Hidden Histories of Women of Faith in Africa. Cluster Publications, 2002.
Gregory of Nyssa. The Life of Saint Macrina. Trans. Kevin Corrigan.
* Haywood, Chanta M. Prophesying Daughters: Black Women Preachers and the World, 1823–1913. Rev. ed.
* Jensen, Anne. God’s Self-Confident Daughters: Early Christianity and the Liberation of Women. Trans. O. C. Dean, Jr.
[Trans. and slightly abridged from the German of Gottes selbstbewusste Töchter: Frauenemanzipation im frühen Christentum?]
* Kraemer, Ross Shepard and Mary Rose D’Angelo, eds. Women & Christian Origins.
* Keener, Craig S. Paul, Women, and Wives: Marriage and Women’s Ministry in the Letters of Paul.
Lewis, Agnes Smith. Select Narratives of Holy Women: Translation: From the Syro-Antiochene or Sinai Palimpsest. (Cambridge Library Collection)
* Madigan, Kevin and Carolyn Osiek, eds. and trans. Ordained Women in the Early Church: A Documentary History.
Osiek, Carolyn and Margaret Y. MacDonald with Janet H. Tulloch. A Woman’s Place: House Churches in Earliest Christianity.
* Peterson, Joan M. Handmaids of The Lord: The Lives of Holy Women in Late Antiquity and the Early Middle Ages. (Cistercian Studies)
* Phiri, Isabel Apawo, Devakarsham Betty Govinden, and Sarojini Nadar, eds. Her-stories: Hidden Histories of Women of Faith in Africa. Pietermaritzburg, South Africa: Cluster Publications, 2002.
* Robert, Dana L. American Women in Mission: A Social History of Their Thought and Practice. (The Modern Mission Era, 1792-1992: An Appraisal)
* Robert, Dana L. Gospel Bearers, Gender Barriers: Missionary Women in the Twentieth Century. (American Society of Missiology)
Sawyer, Deborah F. Women and Religion in the First Christian Centuries. (Religion in the First Christian Centuries)
Schenk, Christine. Crispina and Her Sisters: Women and Authority in Early Christianity.
Silvas, Anna. Macrina the Younger: Philosopher of God. (Medieval Women: Texts and Contexts)
Sunberg, Carla D. The Cappadocian Mothers: Deification Exemplified in the Writings of Basil, Gregory, and Gregory.
* Swan, Laura. The Forgotten Desert Mothers: sayings, lives, and stories of early christian women.
Thurston, Bonnie Bowman. The Widows: A Women’s Ministry in the Early Church.
Tucker, Ruth A. Extraordinary Women of Christian History: What We Can Learn from Their Struggles and Triumphs.
* Tucker, Ruth A. and Walter L. Liefeld. Daughters of the Church: Women and Ministry from New Testament Times to the Present.
* Valenze, Deborah M. Prophetic Sons and Daughters: Female Preaching and Popular Religion in Industrial England.
* Westfall, Cynthia Long. Paul and Gender: Reclaiming the Apostle’s Vision for Men and Women in Christ.
Winter, Bruce W. Roman Wives, Roman Widows: The Appearance of New Women and the Pauline Communities.
Witherington, Ben, III. Women and the Genesis of Christianity.
Witherington, Ben, III. Women in the Earliest Churches. (Society for New Testament Studies Monograph Series)
Witherington, Ben, III. Women in the Ministry of Jesus: A Study of Jesus’ Attitudes to Women and their Roles as Reflected in His Earthly Life. (Society for New Testament Studies Monograph Series)